Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Richness in my reading

This morning at Basecamp, the weekly men's Bible Study I attend, we spent some time reflecting on Mark 12:24.

"Jesus replied, "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God?

Mark 12:24 (NIV)

Now, I'm pretty good at reading my Bible every day. Using various reading plans, I've managed to read the Bible all the way through each year for probably the last 10 years or so. But, I will admit that sometimes after doing my daily reading, I may not always remember what I just read. I've been pondering in the hours since then what I can do to engage with God's Word even more. I have the thought that I'll pick a couple of verses from my daily reading - some days it may be from the Old Testament, some days from the New Testament - and blog about them. As I think about this, I am reminded that in less than three weeks, I'm headed out to vacation which although it won't stop my reading, it may impact my blogging. God willing, I'll still take time to meditate on what I'm reading and maybe blog about it later.

The first post in this series will come shortly...

No comments: