Monday, May 17, 2010

Feed Me!

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill.

John 6:26 (NIV)

They tracked Him down. They realized He was no longer where He had fed them and they went looking for Him. They found Him. They hadn't understood the miracle. They were hungry AGAIN. Feed me, Jesus, feed me! "I am the Bread of Life" He said. "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" they said. Their stomachs were empty. They didn't understand He cared for their souls. When was the last time Jesus filled you up? Did the experience fill you or did you taste and see that the Lord is good? Were you left craving for that next meal or were you craving more of Jesus? A few hours later, did you find yourself heading to Five Guys to fill you up or can you declare like David in Psalm 63

1 O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.

3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.

4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.

5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

Psalm 63:1-5 (NIV)

No comments: