Thursday, June 10, 2010

Who can be against me?

And his servants said still more against the LORD God and against his servant Hezekiah.

2 Chronicles 32:16 (ESV)

Sennacherib king of Assyria had come against Hezekiah king of Judah. He had laid seige against Jerusalem. He was not mereley coming against Hezekiah, he was coming against God. Sennacherib accused Hezekiah of lieing to his people. Hezekiah didn't believe Sennacherib's lies. He trusted in God to deliver his people. God did. In 2 Chronicles 32:8, Hezekiah reminded his people, "With him is an arm of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God, to help us and to fight our battles." Perhaps Hezekiah had taken a peek into the future and read Romans 8:31 "What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Perhaps Hezekiah just knew who God was and that He doesn't change. Either way, I know and when I see people coming against God and my beliefs, I can trust in this like Hezekiah did!

No comments: