Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Much to learn

For how can I bear to see disaster fall on my people? How can I bear to see the destruction of my family?"

Esther 8:6 (NIV)

Haman the Agagite was defeated, but the plan he set in place for the destruction of the Jews was still in place. Esther was distraught. She approached the king once again. He extended his sceptre to her once again. She pleaded for her people.

There are times that I think I should be more like Esther. She was bold in approaching the king over and over again. She had true compassion and love for her people and did not want to see evil befall them. Do I find myself being bold like Esther? Does my heart truly break over the suffering of those around me? I can only answer these questions by hesitating and mumbling "sometimes." There is a lot of Christ's character seen here in Esther. There is much for this forty-something man to learn from this young queen.

No comments: