Monday, June 28, 2010

But God, I really don't want to...

13"Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. 14And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name."

15But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel.

Acts 9:13-15 (NIV)

Ananias was sent to Saul to heal him. He didn't particularly want to go. Saul had a bad reputation with those following Christ. Of course, God had other plans. How many times have I protested to God? How many times have I said "God I don't want to." Far too many. Ananais obeyed, the Church grew and the world was blessed. I should obey too...

No comments: