Friday, June 25, 2010

Show Me Where I Have Been Wrong

"Teach me, and I will be quiet;
show me where I have been wrong.

Job 6:24 (NIV)

Job's friends had come to him to help him figure out what he had done wrong to deserve all of the adversity that had come upon him. In his first response, Job is kind of upset. He thinks he's been punished to excess. Yet, in all of his complaining, he does stumble upon a little humility. He does want to be shown what he has done wrong. He doesn't really expect his friends to be able to do so, but if they will, he will be quiet and listen. This is a good attitude to happen. Do I ever want to be shown where I'm wrong? Not really. Yet, reality is I'm a sinner. I do wrong far more than I should. Do I want to listen if someone tells me that I've done wrong? No. However, I should accept God's grace and be humble and listen quietly when someone cares enough to show me where I've done wrong.

No comments: