Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Praise From Men

42Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not confess their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; 43for they loved praise from men more than praise from God.

John 12:42-43 (NIV)

They would not confess their faith. They knew Jesus. They actually saw Him do His miracles. They walked with Him. They may have even talked with Him. They believed in Him. But, they would not confess their faith in Him. Wow. They feared what the Pharisees might say. They feared what their neighbors might say. They wanted to please people more than they wanted to please God. What about me? I confess my faith before other believers. Others around me at work and at home know of my faith. But do I really confess my faith before all those around me? How would my life look different if I truly was not afraid of what others would think? I pray that my faith would be seen in my life and God would be glorified in it.

No comments: