Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Unfailing Love

Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him

Psalm 33:1 (NIV)

As I was reading this morning, Psalm 33 sounded familiar. Of course, I've read it many a time (at least once a year), but this was different. Oh, yeah I thought to myself. I wrote a song based on this years ago. So here it is (at least the lyrics, I don't have it posted online anywhere that I recall). As for how it sounds, I always thought it sounded like Triumph from the early 80s (although I could never sing like Rik Emmett.


Unfailing Love


Your Word is right, Your Word is true
You are faithful in all You do
You love righteousness and justice
The earth is full of Your unfailing love

Chorus:
I will sing to You Lord
It is fitting to give You praise
I will praise You with this instrument
I will sing of Your unfailing love

By Your Word, You made the heavens
The stars by the breath of Your mouth
For You spoke and it came to be
You commanded and it was

Repeat Chorus

Bridge:
You look down from Your heaven
And see all those who live on earth
Your eyes are on those who fear You
Whose hope is Your unfailing love

For You, oh Lord, are my hope
In You will my heart rejoice
May Your unfailing love rest on me
As I put my hope in You

Repeat Chorus

No comments: