Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Refuge

My soul finds rest in God alone;
      my salvation comes from him.

Psalm 62:1 (NIV)

OK, I haven't blogged in about a week. I've still been doing my daily reading, but my routine has been a little off this week and I haven't blogged. Perhaps today, I'm getting back in the habit.

Psalm 62 is a favorite of mine. Back in 1996 there was an afternoon where I sat down with my Bible open and my guitar. By the time the afternoon was over, I had written three songs. One of them, "You Are My Refuge" was inspired by Psalm 62.

You Are My Refuge

© 1996 Kevin Lee Brock

My soul finds rest in You alone
My salvation comes from You
You alone are my Rock
You are my fortress, I will not be shaken

I will trust in You forevermore
I will pour my heart out to You
You are my refuge

No comments: