Saturday, July 17, 2010

Still Waters

1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He makes me lie down in green pastures.
      He leads me beside still waters.
3He restores my soul.
      He leads me in paths of righteousness
      for his name’s sake.

Psalm 23:1-3 (ESV)

As the crow flies, I live about 30 or so miles South of where a 3.6 magnitude earthquake shook the Washington, DC area yesterday morning. I was already awake and in the kitchen and heard the dishes rattle. Several folks I work with, who live within a mile or two of the epicenter, were awakened by the earthquake. The Lord is my shepherd; It wasn't much of an earthquake really although locals who aren't much used to earthquakes were a little shaken up by it. I shall not want. Some people thought a tree had fallen in their yard. He makes me lie down in green pastures. Some people thought it was thunder from a typical Washington area summer thunderstorm. He leads me beside still waters. It was over pretty quickly. He restores my soul. There were no injuries or property damage directly attributable to the earthquake. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. All-in-all, yesterday was just a typical summer day except the heat and humidity wasn't the primary topic of conversation.

For what it's worth, my wife and kids slept through it ;-)

No comments: