Friday, July 02, 2010

How Faint The Whisper

And these are but the outer fringe of his works;
      how faint the whisper we hear of him!
      Who then can understand the thunder of his power?"

Job 26:14 (NIV)

Wow. This verse paints such a beautiful word picture. To me, it's a vivid reminder that we can only grasp a fraction of God's greatness. Though I've seen God work in mighty ways - it's only a small part of all that He has done. Though I've heard Him speak to me - it's only a faint whisper and small part of what He's said. Though I recognize His power - I cannot fully grasp the complete awesomeness of His power. Though I only see the fringe of His works, I want to see more. Though I only hear the faint whisper, I want to listen and hear more. Though I only hear the thunder of His power, bring on the storm!

No comments: