Thursday, July 22, 2010

A little abundance

Better is the little that the righteous has
      than the abundance of many wicked.

Psalm 37:16 (ESV)

David sounds like Solomon here. This quote here could have easily been in Proverbs. It's better to righteous than to be rich. I know this to be true - I've got an abundance of stuff to prove it. ;-)

Seriously, God cares more about what's in your heart than how much stuff is in your home. With all of the stuff in my home, maybe I need to be concerned with my heart too. What does all of the stuff say about my heart? Has my stuff become my idol? Do I need to clean house and clean my heart? Are decluttering and repentence interrelated? Get the heart in order and then get the house in order?

For the arms of the wicked shall be broken,
      but the LORD upholds the righteous.

Psalm 37:17 (ESV)

No comments: