Wednesday, June 17, 2009

There's a song in here somewhere

Alright, I confess, I've started writing a lot of songs that I haven't finished writing. Sometimes I find a cool riff or chord progression and can't find any words to go with it. Other times, I've got what seems like a great lyric fragment and can't finish it. Heck, I've even got some titles for what are obviously going to be Grammy-winning songs but I haven't taken the time to sit down and write them. (Feel free to pause reading while you LOL.) Yesterday, I had occasion to read through Psalm 17. Verse 15 struck me as being a beautiful expression of the end result of the process of sanctification we are walking through. I need to set aside some time to meditate on this and then sit down with a guitar. Stay tuned!

I am innocent, LORD, and I will see your face! When I awake, all I want is to see you as you are.

Psalm 17:15 (Contemporary English Version)

No comments: