Monday, March 08, 2010

Five opening acts I enjoyed

I continue my lists of five today with five opening acts I really enjoyed.

  1. Face to Face (not the punk band) - opening for The Alarm
    I was pleasantly surprised by them. Laurie Sargent had a great voice. "As Forever As You" was a great song. They nicely set the stage for The Alarm.
  2. Sam Phillips - opening for Luka Bloom
    I was really there to see Sam Phillips and in fact I cut out before Luka Bloom went on. Luka Bloom will probably wind up on a list of concerts I wish I had paid attention too. Sam was accompanied by (I think) Mark Heard on guitar. It was either her first or second show of the tour. It was great!
  3. Foghat - opening up for Triumph
    Foghat was past their prime but put together a tight set dominated by songs I already loved.
  4. Ashley Cleveland - opening up for Rich Mullins
    Great backing band - awesome heartfelt vocals from Ashley. Joined on "Henry Doesn't Care" by here young son Henry. Quel suprise ;-)
  5. Pedro the Lion - on a triple bill with Damien Jurado and Vigilantes of Love
    I didn't know much of their music at the time, but I enjoyed it. They definitely would make the list if I do Five bands that I wish I knew better before I saw them in concert.

No comments: