Friday, August 07, 2009

Thank God It's Friday: Thank God for easy drives home

I live in Virginia and work 32 miles away in Maryland. I work an early schedule, but my average commute home is about an hour. However, if there are any "incidents" whether they be accidents or even a little bit of rain, the drive home can take a whole lot longer - I think I've maxed out at 2 1/2 hours!. The last two nights have been easy drives home. Both days clocked in at about 45 minutes. OK, I wasn't leaving from work, I was leaving from the Worship God 09 conference in Gaithersburg. Plus, I wasn't leaving during the early part of rush hour, I was leaving well after rush hour (yes, it does end at some point), 10:30pm on Wednesday and 9:30pm Thursday. Despite the occasional lane closures for overnight road work, both nights made for easy drives home. So, I definitely want to thank God for easy drives home!

No comments: