Friday, August 21, 2009

Thank God It's Friday: Thank God for Pizza

It's Friday and that means it's time for my weekly Thank God It's Friday and I know that I can always rely on my loving wife to prompt me if I haven't put one up yet! Today, I thank God for pizza. It's Friday and our Friday dinner tradition is to make homemade pizza for dinner. We make the dough in the bread machine, my wife makes the sauce from scratch (usually in batches that last a couple of weeks), we add the cheese (mozzarella and monterrey jack), and put pepperoni on 3/4 of it (since 1/4 of our family doesn't care for pepperoni yet). Sometimes, we make two pizzas and get a little fancier with it. But if it's Friday and we're in town, it's pizza for dinner, no questions asked. And for that, I am truly thankful.

No comments: