Friday, November 20, 2009

Thank God It's Friday: Thank God for Elevators

It's true. Sometimes you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone. Well, today as I got to work there were a few things that seemed strange. One set of lights (leading from the garage to the walkway over to my building) were out even though it appeared that the building itself had power. Then I got to the elevator lobby and the elevators weren't working. A gentleman who was waiting in the elevator lobby said that the lights in the stairwell were out too. It seems that building had power but everything thing that would have been on emergency power was out. Ugh! So, as I climb five flights of stairs (from the second floor elevator lobby to my seventh floor office), with the only light coming from the flashlight app on my iPod Touch (yes, there's an app for that!), I want to say, "Thank God for elevators!"

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

No treadmill work out needed today, I guess.

Kevin Brock said...

Funny thing is that people before me had elevators and people after me had elevators. I must be special!