Wednesday, November 04, 2009

O is for Ooops

"Oops!" That's what I thought to myself this morning shortly after arriving at the office. What did I do? Well, let me begin back in August...

Prior to my birthday, my wife had placed order through a certain online mega-retailer for Big Country's Greatest 12" hits CD. I had a number of Big Country 12" records back in my college days and really enjoyed the extended remixes of these songs. The CD was not released here in the US, but was being sold as an import. After a short while, my wife got an emailer from the aforementioned mega-retailer that they would ship the CD some time in October (my birthday was in September). OK, whatever... As October puttered on, my wife got another email stating that they hoped to ship the CD sometime in November. OK, I'm getting a little impatient here... I went online to the Big Country official web site went to the contact us page and posted an question of how fast I could get the CD if I ordered through them. After getting a reply, I placed an order through their online store and my wife cancelled the mega-retailer order. Well, yesterday, my CD arrived (still ahead of the latest mega-retailer estimate)! I was excited. We listened to it on the way to (and then home from) Costco. I ripped the CD and created a playlist so that I could put it on my iPod and listen to it at work today. I got to work and was ready to crank up the extended remixes only to find that I had neglected to sync the new playlist to my iPod. OOPS

No comments: