Friday, November 06, 2009

Thank God It's Friday: Thank God for Sesame Street

As the celebration of Sesame Street's 40th anniversary continues, I want to chime in and say "Thank God for Sesame Street." I have fond memories of watching Sesame Street when I was a kid and even some of watching it with my kids. The other night, I was watching some of the videos up for best clip of the '80s (after my time as a regular Sesame Street watcher) and my top choice was "Put Down The Ducky" featuring Ernie and his rubber ducky. My boys liked the making crayons and making peanut butter best. I am enjoying Google paying tribute with a new Sesame Street logo daily (through the 10th I hear). Who's my favorite Sesame Street character? It's hard to say. If I could choose three, I'd go for Cookie Monster, Grover, and Oscar the Grouch! To pick one favorite, I suppose it would depend on what mood I'm in. I'm a little bit hungry at the moment, so I might have to choose Cookie Monster...

But really, Sesame Street did have an impact on me. I can even remember regularly going over to a neighbor's house to watch it. The few fragments of Spanish that I know were probably learned on Sesame Street. If I could just figure out what the word abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz means, I'd be the smartest bird this world has ever seen. Thank God for Sesame Street.

No comments: