Friday, February 26, 2010

Thank God It's Friday: Thank God for Adoption

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.

Ephesians 1:4-6

I am truly thankful that God has adopted me into his family. He did this out of love for me that I didn't deserve. Yet, I happily receive it. I did not choose Him, He chose me. At home, my wife and I have a stack of papers that we are starting to fill out to begin the process of adopting a child. Our two sons are excited about the possibility of bringing another into our family. My younger son is especially excited about the possibility of being a big brother. I am excited about the opportunity to love another like God has loved me. I am excited about the process and the wait - it may take a couple of years before the child is with us (it all depends on choices yet unmade). If we decide on an international adoption, I am excited about learning about the country our child will come from. I can't say that I'm excited about all of the paperwork, but I know that needs to be done and I suppose I should be excited to get it started. Yes, today I truly want to thank God for adoption!

No comments: