Friday, October 30, 2009

Thank God It's Friday: Thank God for the World Series

It's the end of October and the World Series is knotted up at one game a piece between the defending world champion Phillies and the most expensive team in baseball, the New York Yankees. I find myself more interested in the World Series than I have been in years past. Of course my favorite team the Washington Nationals secured the #1 draft choice a long while ago with the worst record in baseball. They weren't even in the same time zone as contending for the playoffs. Ditto for my #2 team the Baltimore Orioles. This World Series, I'm definitely pulling for the Phillies to win. Growing up, I was a Phillies fan and I used to go to a lot of games with my Pappy at the old Veterans Stadium. When I was too young to even understand, I had my picture taken with a young Mike Schmidt. Too bad that picture got lost while cleaning my room. Secondly, since I primarly grew up an Orioles fan, I've always believed in the motto "Anybody but the Yankees!" There's still plenty of baseball left to be played (at least three games) and I am excited to watch. So yes, today I thank God for the World Series!

No comments: