Friday, October 23, 2009

Thank God It's Friday: Thank God for Getting Away

Today it's Friday and it's the third straight Friday that I'm heading out of town and the first of those that I'm doing so without the family in tow. Two weeks ago we had a great visit with the in-laws - I still need to get some pictures off my phone and posted to Facebook. Last week, we went to a Cub Scout campout (we only camped out Friday Night) and the Cedar Creek Battle Reenactment (a few more pictures still on the phone). This week, after a quick stop by the church for potential carpooling, I'm off to the BCC Men's Offensive (otherwise known as a retreat, but we don't retreat). There will be times of worship, fellowship, hearing from Gen. Jerry Boykin (Ret.), planned activities, and some free time. I'm prayerfully expecting God to bless and refresh those who attend. So yes, I can say "Thank God for getting away."

No comments: