Friday, September 11, 2009

Thank God It's Friday: Thank God...

Where were you eight years ago today?

Today, I thank God that eight years ago

  • I lived in Virginia
  • I worked in Maryland
  • That through multiple sources (the internet, phone, radio, etc.) I heard what was happening
  • That I didn't work in the Pentagon (or in the WTC)
  • That I didn't have to fly anywhere that day
  • That as I was driving home when the roads were surreally empty, I could see smoke rising from the Pentagon
  • That I got home to be with my family

Though I may not understand it, I know "...that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Are "Thank God it's Friday" posts all you are going to blog now?