Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A is for Apathetic

I admit it.  Sometimes I might be considered apathetic.  "Having or showing little or no emotion"  Yeah, that could be me.  "Not interested or concerned"  Yeah, I've worn that definition, too.  I just don't care (smirk).

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind... Love your neighbor as yourself."  OK, that doesn't sound like apathy to me.  "Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins."  Oops, I'm guilty here.

"Heavenly Father, forgive me for not loving you as I should and not loving my neighbor.  Help me to be more like You because You are Love!"

Thus begins my journey through the alphabet picking out various words from the dictionary and finding the good and bad within me.  At least 25 more posts to come!

No comments: