Friday, August 29, 2008

The Author of my days

Last night, I had a dream and then I woke up. OK, that's not surprising in it's own right. In the dream, it was the beginning of our service at church, when I usually say "Good morning, church" and share a scripture or testimony often relating to the first song we're going to sing. In the dream, we had pretty good attendance with many a face that I did not recognize. I don't know that I recognized anyone at all, but that's beside the point that I am dragging my heels in getting to...

I was sharing about how God has a plan for us and how that plan is not haphazard, how all of our days are planned by God. Basically, I was riffing on Psalm 139.

But then, the alarm went off. Actually when I came to, I realized it wasn't my alarm. After a bit of concentrating and gradually waking up, I realized I was awaken by a cricket chirping outside. Since it wasn't too long until the alarm was supposed to go off, I turned it off and went to do my daily Bible reading. Wouldn't you know it? The first thing on my daily reading schedule today was Psalm 139.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for sharing!! WOG