Friday, August 17, 2007

Another favorite Bible story


Another of my favorite Bible stories - which definitely is not one that shows up in my kids Bible story books - is from Judges 4:17-22. It is the story of Sisera, fleeing the Israelite army led by Deborah and Barak. He (Sisera) flees to the tent of Jael seeking to hide. She obliges him inviting him in, letting him lie down and covering him up. Then, after he had fallen asleep, she drives a tent peg through his skull, killing him.

Believe it or not, I'm actually working on a song inspired by this passage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that sounds like an interesting song! Be sure to post the lyrics when you're done.

Kevin Brock said...

I'll try to remember when I've got it finished. It's one of several songs I'm working on.

Anonymous said...

People should read this.