- Superbowl Sunday: Just one game
Easter Sunday: At my church, we've got five services! (plus a sunrise service off-site)
- Superbowl Sunday: Endless commercial breaks
Easter Sunday: No commercial interruptions
- Superbowl Sunday: Half-time show often features a classic rock act that won't go away
Easter Sunday: The stone was rolled away! Classic!
- Superbowl Sunday: People will be talking about the outcome for days
Easter Sunday: People have been talking about the outcome for millenia
- Superbowl Sunday: Vegas has odds on who will win
Easter Sunday: We already know who won!
1 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb. 2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them. 5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, “Why do you look for the living among the dead? 6 He is not here; he has risen! Remember how he told you, while he was still with you in Galilee: 7 ‘The Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, be crucified and on the third day be raised again.’ ” 8 Then they remembered his words.
Luke 24:1-8 (NIV)